CARBON COUNTY WEED & PEST DISTRICT
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: District Supervisor
Pay: Salary dependent on experience
Manages Carbon County Weed and Pest office and facilities under the supervision of Weed and Pest District Supervisor. Completes clerical duties of the District. This includes but is not limited to processing sales, inventory, payroll, community relations and management of office supplies. May represent the District in an official capacity at the state and local level.
This is a full time/part time position. Incumbent will work 40+ hours per week May through September and will be limited to LESS THAN 20 hours per week October through April. Retirement benefits will be provided for all weeks where 30 or more hours are worked. Vacation and sick leave will be provided based on every 160 hours worked.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting: Manages accounts payable, deposits and/or audits using QuickBooks, excel and other computer programs.
- Office Management & Public Relations: Responsible for day to day operations of District office including product sales, inventory, office supplies and facilities.
- Landowner Education: Assists with the District’s education program including correspondence with rural and urban property owners as well as the District’s equipment loaning program.
- Represents the District: May represent the District at state and local weed management meetings.
- Assists Saratoga and Baggs Supervisors: Provide assistance as needed to Baggs and Saratoga Supervisors with duties outlined in essential and other duties.
- Organizing, Cleaning and maintaining the order of the office, files and office supplies.
- Assists as needed with the District’s Health and Safety Plan.
- Assists with implementation of District programs related to declared/designated species as determined by the Supervisor.
- Shares responsibility of grant writing, landowner communication, record keeping, quality control and other duties as needed with other full time staff.
- Shares responsibility of safety training with other employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Training
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be used to meet the minimum And
- Receive Commercial Pesticide Applicators License within four months of hire
Special Training and Experience
- Public Relations
- Office Management
- Computer Skills (Microsoft word, excel, publisher, power point, access)
Majority of the duties are performed in an indoor or a protected environment. The incumbent may be exposed to adverse conditions while driving from the primary business location to field locations as well as during any service related activities. Limited seasonal exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals and other conditions such as fumes, odors, dust and mists will be encountered.
- Conduct activities involving walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift and carry Burdens weighing up to 40 lbs, push and/or pull burdens weighing up to 100 lbs. on a limited to moderate basis.
- Effectively communicate using telephone and email as well as in person.
- Use a computer daily for prolonged periods of time.
- Operate a motor vehicle and light to mid-level equipment
To apply please send resume with cover letter and at least three professional references to:
Carbon County Weed and Pest
PO Box 1126
Rawlins, WY 82301
Or email to:
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Spray Hand
POSITION ESTIMATED START DATE: Seasonal May through August
Starting Wage: $12.00 per hour
Carbon County Weed and Pest Control District is seeking full-time and part time employees for the position of “Seasonal Spray Hand” for the Rawlins, Saratoga, Baggs and Medicine Bow crews. This will be an at-will, seasonal position that runs from May to August.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spraying Operations: Complete weed treatments as directed in a safe and professional manor consistent with all application laws.
- Equipment & Facilities Management: Use and maintenance of all spray equipment, including trucks, ATV’s, UTV’s and backpack sprayers. Proficient in calibrating all spray equipment.
- Identify designated and declared weeds and pests, select pesticide treatments and/or other control measures.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Experience in Weed Science, Entomology or closely related field or equivalent work related experience in the field of weed and pest management. Successful applicants are encouraged to obtain a Wyoming Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License.
This Position Reports to: Carbon County Weed & Pest District Supervisor and Assistant Supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Skill in utilizing problem solving strategies.
- Knowledge and ability to apply technical and mechanical skills associated with district management.
- Ability to write reports with sufficient detail to enable the reader to identify and understand all pertinent facts.
- Knowledge of current technological capabilities and applications.
- Knowledge of and the skill and ability to communicate technical and regulatory information to the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, Board members, and the general public.
EQUIPMENT USED: Automobile, ATV, UTV, Various Spray Equipment, GPS, Telephone, calculator, computer, and similar equipment.
The positions duties are performed in indoor and outdoor environments. May be exposed to adverse conditions while driving to various locations as well as during any service related activities. Potential exposure to pesticides, fumes, toxins, odors, dust, and mists will be encountered. Moderate seasonal exposure to extreme heat or temperature changes will also be encountered.
- Ability to conduct activities involving extensive walking or standing with a backpack weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift burdens weighing up to 80 lbs. and carry, push and/or pull burdens weighing up to 300 lbs. on a limited to moderate basis.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate office equipment as well as tools, equipment and materials used in the maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ability to conduct activities involving climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching.
- Ability to use a computer daily for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and light to mid-level equipment.
- Must be an insurable driver with valid drivers license.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Ability to read and understand written information. Ability to compose information and instruction in written form.
- Ability to translate verbal communication into effective written material, e.g. reports and other documents.
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning when necessary to carry out the management and operational duties of the department.
- Ability to use and apply technology.
Please complete seasonal employment application found here: Seasonal Employment Application and send to
P.O. Box 1126, Rawlins, WY 82301
OR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reese Irvine; Supervisor