Job Title: Assistant Supervisor/Program Lead
Position Estimated Start Date: Open until filled.
Salary Base: $45,000
Carbon County Weed and Pest Control District Board of Directors are seeking a full-time employee for the position of “Assistant Supervisor” for the Encampment/Riverside, Elk Mountain and Medicine Bow area. Position will be based in the CCWP Riverside Office. This will be an at-will, full-time position with benefits including health insurance and Wyoming State retirement plan. Hourly wage will be based on qualifications, experience, and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are minimum requirements. The District may modify or change the duties or responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Program Implementation: In conjunction with the Weed and Pest District Board, plans, implements, and directs the policies and programs; establishes goals and objectives; and develops program guidelines, schedules, procedures, policies, and regulations to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Staff Oversight: Assists in evaluating seasonal staffing requirements; participates in staffing decisions; provides training for seasonal employees; monitors and evaluates seasonal employee performance; and identifies needs for professional development.
- Equipment & Facilities Management: Plans for and manages equipment used in area. Supervise the maintenance of these facilities, properties, and equipment. Proficient in calibrating all spray equipment.
- Coordinates county wide mapping program using GPS equipment and ARCGIS program.
- Enthusiasm for EDRR – Early Detection/ Rapid Response.
- Inspect crops for certification as set forth by the Certified Weed Free Forage Program.
- Identify designated and declared weeds and pest and select pesticide treatments and/or other measures.
Education, Experience, and Training:
A bachelor’s degree in Weed Science, Range Management or a closely related field is preferred but not required. Applicants should have experience in Weed Science, Entomology, or other natural resource management. Must be certified as a Weed & Pest Supervisor in the State of Wyoming or be willing to become certified within two years. Successful applicant must obtain a Wyoming Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Skill in utilizing problem solving strategies.
- Knowledge and ability to apply technical and mechanical skills associated with district management.
- Ability to write reports with sufficient detail to enable the reader to identify and understand all pertinent facts.
- Knowledge of current technological capabilities and applications.
- Knowledge of and the skill and ability to communicate technical and regulatory information to the public.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other professionals, subordinate employees, media, other organizations, Board members, and other advisory councils and the general public.
This Position Reports to: Carbon County Weed & Pest District Supervisor and Board of Directors.
This Position has Supervisory and/or Management Responsibility for: 6-8 seasonal employees.
Automobile, ATV, UTV, Various Spray Equipment, GPS, Telephone, calculator, computer, copiers, fax, and other similar business/office equipment.
The positions duties are performed in indoor and outdoor environments. May be exposed to adverse conditions while driving to various locations as well as during any service-related activities. Potential exposure to pesticides, fumes, toxins, odors, dust, and mists will be encountered. Moderate seasonal exposure to extreme heat or temperature changes will also be encountered.
- Ability to conduct activities involving extensive walking or standing with a backpack weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift burdens weighing up to 80 lbs. and carry, push and/or pull burdens weighing up to 300 lbs. on a limited to moderate basis.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate office equipment as well as tools, equipment and materials used in the maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Ability to conduct activities involving climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching.
- Ability to use a computer daily for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and light to mid-level equipment.
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Ability to read and understand written information. Ability to compose information and instruction in written form.
- Ability to translate verbal communication into effective written material, e.g. reports and other documents.
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning when necessary to carry out the management and operational duties of the department.
- Ability to use and apply technology.
Please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to
P.O. Box 1126, Rawlins, WY 82301
OR to email@example.com
Reese Irvine; Supervisor