Want to find out what’s growing on your property? We’re here to help!
- Is this a beneficial species or is this a weed?
- Is this plant toxic/dangerous to my family/pets/livestock?
- Do I need to implement management practices to control this species?
- Will this unknown species cause damage to the native ecosystem?
There are many apps and resources available on the internet to assist with plant identification. A fairly reliable app, iNaturalist, is available for iPhone and Android.
If you’re having trouble identifying a plant species, feel free to reach out for assistance. Follow the steps below to insure that we have all of the required information to make an identification.
There are a few ways to submit a plant for identification:
- Bring a freshly uprooted plant to our office, making sure to include the whole plant (including roots if possible)
- Submit pictures using the Google Forms link below (note; you will need to be signed into your Google account to submit pictures)
- Text us at 307-320-5266
If you are submitting pictures for ID, please include clear, high-quality images that include the whole plant (including root system if possible), leaves, flowers/buds, and any other identifying characteristics. A sentence or two about the location the plant was found in can also be helpful.